- Emotional toll, I pour 100% of myself into these things.
- Physical toll on my body
- Im usually "good" for 3-4 months, then I get sidelined with an injury for a month.
- My right leg hates me. We need to become BFFs fast!
- I get consumed by the marathon.
- The last 3 have not gone as well as expected. I might not be cut out for this distance.
- All I talk about is running, marathon, marathon marathon. OMG STFU already!! :)
- Want to focus on getting speedier at shorter distances (Half Marathons and less)
- Need to remain healthy for a period longer than 4 months.
- My right leg really hates me (Shin, Hip, Calf)
- Give my body and mind a rest from the training
- And mainly, Just run for fun. For the enjoyment, not because I have an 18 miler on the schedule.
So I did what any rational person would do.
Apparently registration is filling fast. After a week they were 2/3 full- on a crazy pace to sell out in record time!
So even though I'm eating my words of the "No marathon" 2012, This is an experience I absolutely cannot miss out on.
- I get to "Pay it forward" Much like how Tribu got me through Miami, in the heat and with an injury, I will be WW's Cheerleader, to help him cross the finish of his first marathon!
- We will "bond" over running.
- WW has been with me through all of the Ups and Downs that running/ training has brought me over the last few years- while I transitioned from recreational runner to "I am hungry for a PR runner."
- By far, my WW has been my biggest supporter-cheerleader, even standing out in the cold rain to cheer me on. I will be the biggest cheerleader for him. Im so excited for his journey!
I still want my BQ, but that might have to wait until next year. Perhaps if i'm still going strong and healthy by June, I'll re-consider my "NO MARATHONS" and attempt a BQ in September.
Afterall, I really hate absolutes... ;)