• As week 1 of Fox Valley marathon training comes to a close (following 2 more workouts), I feel excited and anxious for my goal of a BQ -5.
• While I managed to PR and get a 1:47 in this half after 6 weeks of solid training post hip flexor injury, I have no confidence I could pull off a similar pace per mile in the marathon. Even though I felt like I could have kept going after the race.
• I just need to remind myself that I respond well to consistency and after the next 13 weeks, I'll be stronger than ever. and not think that that 13.1 PR was on a short course...
• I love this view and can take a photo of it every time I run by. In fact, I usually do. It makes me
Happy, which I think is one of the keys for staying injury free.
• Bad runs make you appreciate the good runs more. And pinpointing what caused the "bad" gives even more confidence.
• Eating a somewhat large lunch 2 hours later than normal and then running = a really uncomfortable run. Pair that with a possible case of food poisoning and it's even worse. Lesson learned.
• That might be the only reason I'll ever say "thank god for navy pier and its bathrooms."
• Finishing a 7.66 mile workout strong when you wanted to quit at mile 3 is really a defining moment in your life as a runner.
• My Friday has been awesome so far. I found the exact Nike tank and Nike pro compression shorts at Macy's that I've had my eye on. Score! And I got to use my gift card thats been burning a hole in my wallet for almost 7 months.
• Passion fruit bubble tea from Argo puts a huge smile on my face. Always.
• This guy also puts a huge smile on my face. Can't wait for our run tonight!!
What's happy about your Friday?
What's your favorite pair of running "booty" shorts, or regular running shorts?
-I'm always on the hunt for more shorts and find I like the snug fit as opposed to regular shorts.
•Lululemon booty shorts. They are ok. I'm starting to like them less and less.
• Aspaeris Pivot shorts. Love them. Don't ride up at all, but can be hot.
• Oiselle Stride short- Love these, don't ride up, but have given me one bad case of chafing so far. I'll attribute it to user error ;)
•RRS compression shorts- so far no complaints.
• Under Armor- I absolutely hate these. They ride up and I've gotten chaffed bad a few times, even with body glide. Maybe I had gotten the wrong size? I'd give UA another shot though.