Work stressin me the eff out.
Work stressin me the eff out again.
Wednesday: 5 mile Tempo @ 7:18. (7 miles total)
Felt overheated and rusty like a tin man that's been left out in the rain. Strength + Core stuffs too.
Thursday: Recovery 5 miles.
Flushing the gunk out.
Friday: 18 miles, 2:27
Another pre-work long run in the books. Didn't experiment with real foodz because I didn't plan ahead. DERP. Felt a little hot, but otherwise an uneventful slightly progressive run with the final 5 miles around GMP.
Saturday: Easy 5
Felt like shit. Ate a ton of food for brunch and struggled through this one 4 hours later.
Sunday: Easy 7 + 2 sets strength stuffs
Mildly progressive + filled with rage because of our elderly neighbor and her barking "Rats" which never STFU. One or all 3 (barking rats, not elderly neighbor) shit in the hallway and she didn't clean up until after they went for a walk.
Wore my new Lulu skirt to test out and it was AH-MAZING. It didnt take a chunk out of my thighs, so I believe it will be part of my race day outfit. And... IT HAS 4 POCKETS!!! No need for a janky spi-belt or fanny pack now. YAY! My NEWtons also are feeling great after the 18 miler and the 7 miler. finally broken in after 50 miles and my feet are very happy. :)
- I cannot take 2 days off in a row and expect to run a hard tempo with "ease."
- Looking back at past training cycles helps build confidence. Especially since i'm much stronger now than back in September 2013 as evidenced by my training logs.
- Figuring out why I bonked at FVM was important, and the changes I've made to my nutrition since have made a huge difference in my runs.
- Acknowledging I have some sort of pre-run anxiety happening before speed work and long runs. Once I get running, all those feelings fade.
- I want to run more than 5 days a week but won't change this until post marathon.
- I have all the confidence in Coach and her plan to get me to the start line ready to smash my goal for this race.
- I've been putting in all the work and need to trust in my training and myself.
- The bonk-fest of FVM won't happen in a future race due to tweaking my nutrition & knowing the cause of the issue.
- I love running and chasing better times for as long as my body allows.
- In the words of Macklemore "This is F*CKING AWESOME."