I couldnt have planned a better week for a cutback than this past week. And I cant even take credit for purposely making this a cutback, it just happened all serendipity and shit. Which does remind me that I really ought to sit down and write out an outline of base training so I can be more focused and more efficient as the days grow closer to actual training.
Monday: 7 miles cycle
Wednesday: 14 miles cycle
Thursday: 5 mile run
Friday: 12 mile cycle, 3 mile run
Saturday: 14 mile cycle, 3 mile beer run
Sunday: 18 mile cycle
Total: 76 miles for 6:10 duration
Swim: goose egg
Bike: 65 miles, 4:16
Run: 11 miles, 1:33
Weights: 20 min
Goals for next week:
- Plan out my training for at least the next 2 months. A rough sketch outline is acceptable.
- Incorporate some cycling drills into my trainer sessions.
- Ride the trainer since I neglected it last week.
- Swim because I neglected it last week and didnt feel like riding my bike in a storm.
- Continue to work on nutrition during hour + workouts.
We went to FOBAB (Festival of wood and barrel aged beers) Friday evening and got to see the first snow fall. yay...