CB was sleepy too.
I got some summery dresses but the weather in Chicago has been hovering in the 50's lately. Womp. At least the weather in Brasil will be gorgeous in the springtime....
2 of the 4 dresses.. the other 2 are completely different styles than these, because diversity is fun...
We went to the Chicago craft beer fest on Saturday. We usually only go to their spring festival, but this year the fall date worked for us.
It was at the Great Hall of Union Station.
We immediately noticed there were less attendees and less breweries compared to the spring fest. But there were plenty of delicious new to me beers to try.
A list of the beers I tried: All "new to me"
- Not your father's root beer. ABV 10%- Small Town WHOA SO SWEET & DECEPTIVELY STRONG!
- Maiden Voyage- Aquanaut (Rye beer)
- I Troll- Pig Minds, Double IPA
- Always the Hard Way- Pig Minds, Double IPA
- White IPA- Slapshot brewery, White IPA
- Spiced Orange Ginger Beer- Crabbies
- Coastbuster- Upland Double IPA Probably the best beer at the festival. Reminiscent of Pliny
- Anthem Cherry Cider
- Premium Elderberry Cider
- Chocolate Porter- Small Town
- Unapologetic IPA- Stone (At Hackney's post beer fest)
That brings my total of unique beers consumed to 968 since I started using Untappd.
We also made some new Brasilian friends.
I feel like my Portuguese speaking abilities are about to "click" and then I'll be able to actively participate in conversations. I was surprised at the amount I could understand this weekend. Ok no I'm not, I study Portuguese a lot and am near fluent in Spanish... I just need more words. I'm planning to be able to hold my own next time I go to Brasil.
Sunday morning I made pao na chapa. (Grilled buttery bread, a breakfast staple in Brasil)
I took CB for a walk and was creepin on his arch nemesis.
And the Brasilian bikini I ordered from France finally arrived. I bought the super discounted "surprise" bandeau. All I knew is that it would be by designer Rio do Sol and would be a bandeau. I'm happy with the colors. It's just all like WHOA the difference between American style bikinis...