Highlights of the week:
- My second outdoor speed sesh this year, 6x800's + 5x1:00. I did it after work and wore shorts and a Tshirt and felt hot. I went into this workout with a lot of anxiety because I like running on the treadmill- a much more controlled environment for intervals (as opposed to dodging people, wind, and uneven sidewalks outside especially at night). But I nailed my paces and surpassed my expectations for that workout.
- Wearing my new shoes!
- Saturday's long run was another high point of the week- more on that below.
- Feeling really sleepy the first half of the week- seemed to be a common theme with folks at work too. Chalk that one up to the batshit weather we've had this week. High of 70 on Tuesday and back into the 30's by Thursday.
- Dealing with a weird pain in my calf for a few days. Nothing to sideline me, but certainly something to keep an eye on. Brought my TP ball and stick to work and gave it some TLC. Currently it's barely noticeable.
- Wearing new shoes for workouts and feeling the beginnings of potential hotspots. I'm hoping it was just the adjustment for wearing fresh out of the box shoes- but could also have been the new socks (different brand than my usual) I wore too. Too many variables!
Monday: 20 mile cycle
Tuesday: 8 mile run- 6x800's w/ 5x 1:00 Splits: 3:28,3:30, 3:21, 3:22, 3:31, 3:19. Easy to see which 800's were into the wind! 6:4x pace for the 1:00 intervals at the end.
Wednesday: 14 mile cycle, 2 mile run (brick)
Thursday: 14 mile cycle
Friday: 8 mile run- progressive
Saturday: 17 mile long run w/ 8.5 @ GMP, 10 mile cycle
Sunday: 12 mile cycle, 5 mile recovery run
10:22:49 for 107 miles total
5:31:32 for 40 miles running
4:51:17 for 67 miles cycled
- Continue to eat nutritious food but more importantly eat appropriate portions so the last 4-7lbs get lost.
- Continue to refrain from alcohol- this past week I had 1 whisky neat on Saturday evening, that was it for alcohol.
- Experiment with sock/shoe combos to eliminate any more issues.
- Stick to my workout schedule when L returns home.
- Experiment with pre long run fueling. (Eat more things)
- More arms/legs/core work post workouts.
- Swim, maybe.