Week before: 47
Yeah, pathetic. Maybe I needed a "step back" week after some good mileage weeks.
More accurately I was protesting the protestors and saving them from my anger due to all of the inconveniences imposed on us Loop residents during the NATO summit (I was mainly upset due to the protestors, security not so much because I understand the need to protect the world leaders while on American soil)
So I went for a run very early on Sunday morning with CB.
We saw a nice sunrise. And NO protestors. Apparently they don't wake up at 5:30am because they need their beauty sleep.
• we also saw 3 bunnies. 1 hopped out of the picture. The remaining 2 held their ground.
• 6 people sporting Shamrock Shuffle 2012 shirts.
• 23 Canadian geese
• 98 Snow plows blocking the road to where the NATO summit was being held. With our minimal winter, at least the plows got some use! But it was strange seeing them out on an 80+ degree day.
• An unmarked car with a card in the front window that said "First Lady." only the driver was in the car.
• A happy runner dog
• On the way home we ran through a secure zone by the Hilton (world leaders staying there) that had 82 officers and a K9 police dog on the opposite side of the street that wanted to kill and eat CB. Thank god we didn't cross the street like we usually do there.
• No cars heading north on Lake Shore Drive. Those are the plows and the field museum in the distance.
This week I'll get back into the 40-50's for mileage and focus on being healthy- also continue strengthening my core and hips so when marathon training starts in a few weeks, I'll be in a great place!
What did you see on your runs this weekend? Anything out of the ordinary?