It's easy to look at where I've been, all the goals I've accomplished and all the lessons I've learned. But, it's not so simple to accurately say where I will be in 5 years, or even one year from now and have any idea about the experiences between now and then.
As I approach the "big 3-0" I realize that I want more. More fulfilling experiences with the people I interact with, more purpose to the activities I participate in, and generally more seriousness towards everything I do. I want more of what I choose to do to have a reason behind it. Coasting through life is something I haven't done much of- but could do less of. Actively living life (to me at least) is a much better way to live.
As 30 approaches in the next few weeks, I am giddy with excitement for what this new decade and year will hold for me.
• Continuing better relationship with my WW.
• A new AG division for road races!!
• More consistency- seriousness in training- including hiring a coach to plan out the most focused 14 weeks of my running "career" since HS cross country which commences next Monday.
• Dedication to learning Portuguese so I will not need a translator (WW) when we go to Brasil.
• More quality time with my CB dog.
And while I don't have a bucket list of things to do while 30, I will make the most out of every situation, good or bad.
The one thing I do know is that the year of 30 will be the best year to date.
How do you approach birthdays? Or new decades?